1st ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR PAPERS – Submission deadline 15 January 2019
CLIMATE RESILIENT CITIES – ENERGY EFFICIENCY & RENEWABLES IN THE DIGITAL ERA
4-6 September 2019, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
We are delighted to announce the 15th CISBAT Conference to take place at EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland from 4th to 6th September 2019, and to issue a call for scientific papers.
As humanity faces the combined challenge of mitigating climate change and supplying sufficient energy to a growing World population, one of the key issues for research and political action today is energy efficiency and the use of renewables in the built environment. As a platform for the presentation of the latest scientific research in the field, CISBAT promotes interdisciplinary dialogue and a visionary approach to the shaping of our future buildings and districts.
Our call for 2019 focuses on the following topics:
- Smart materials for building envelopes (micro- and nanotechnologies)
- Climate resilient buildings (ecobuildings, retrofit, performance gap)
- Daylighting & electric lighting (human centric & green lighting)
- Human & building interaction (user centered systems, behavioral aspects)
- Building simulation & ICT (design, optimisation, analysis) – IBPSA special session
- Renewable energy in the built environment (electricity, heating and cooling)
- Smart buildings & districts (predictive & adaptive control)
- Data driven methods for the built environment (regional planning, big data and machine learning)
- Urban climate modelling (building energy demand, outdoor comfort, urban planning)
- Distributed energy systems (urban energy hubs)
CISBAT 2019 invites contributions on research and technological development as well as on particularly innovative case studies.
You are warmly invited to submit a 450 to 600 word summary of your work, clearly structured with a description of 1. topic and aim, 2. scientific methodology and 3. results, by 15 January 2019 through the online submission form.
All authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper to be published in a CISBAT 2019 special issue of IOP’s Journal of Physics Conference Series, an open access publication indexed by Scopus.
Further details are available under www.cisbat.org.